Wednesday, September 12, 2012

NYX Round Lipsticks: Circe, Orange Soda, Fig Review And Swatches

I always wanted to try some NYX make-up, the first thing that caught my eye was the round lipsticks since bloggers have been raving about it for quite some time. I was really intrigued by it but keep putting it off. I was in a dire need of lip concealer for my lips, I always use normal concealers but they just dry my lips up even more. The first thing that came to my mind was the NYX roundlipsticks and that they have nude shades so I started looking for shops that sell them. I was lucky since I found one online that has them on-hand though limited shades but at a reasonable price (bought each for 150php, other shops sell them for 180php and above lols).


I was caught up between Circe and Orange Soda since they are both nude colors so I just bought them both. I was torn between Doll and Fig but I settled on Fig since the photos on the site show it to be a cute, natural pink shade.

On to the review~ I bought them online and after paying, I received them 3 days later via LBC.


Cute packaging, you can actually see the lip color on the bottom.
NYX Round Lipticks: Circe, Orange Soda, Fig



Swatch: Orange Soda, Circe, Fig



Circe
- Nude beige with cool brown undertone. I thought it would blend well with my skin but it looked too light~!! I was hoping it would just be right but still it's good as a lip concealer. Just apply on lips, blot with tissue and apply your favorite lip color on top.

Orange Soda- Warm, muted orange-y peach color. I look like an anemic, sick person when I use this which is kinda funny lols. Anyway, It's to light and orange-y to be a lip concealer.

Fig- Light pink shade. I thought they would look a natural pink on me like in the pictures but turns out it's more light. It reminds me of Barbie, bubblegum pink.

Pros:
  • Creamy, soft and glides easily.
  • Pigmented.
  • Cheap!
  • Convenient packaging since you can see what's the lip color at the bottom.

Cons:

  • Staying power is so-so, 2-3 hours then you need to retouch
  • Not true to the color. Yeah, I have my uber pigmented lips to blame for that.
  • Limited shades available.
  • Not available locally, you can online purchase online.

The downside of purchasing online is that you only have reviews and pictures to look at. You expect them to work out for you as well but then they don't. Tsk. It's a hit or miss, like me with these lipsticks. I think this purchase was both a hit and miss. I'll keep Circe and Fig but I think I'll just give the Orange Soda lippie to my sisters.



That would be all! What's your fave NYX Round Lipstick?



xoxo,


Reka :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Cute Strawberry