Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Review: Battle of the Mascaras

I'll be doing a review/ comparison of four mascaras that I have at the moment. I'm not really a fan of mascaras but I like putting them on and  piling them up on special occasions. For my lash "history", my lashes are thin and lack the volume, though they are long and curvy. So I want my lashes to be volumized and look darker. So on to the review!!

So here are the mascaras I'll be reviewing:
-Etude House Henna Fix Proof 10 Mascara
-Avon Simply Pretty Mascara 
-Avon Super Extend Mascara
-San-San Long Lash Mascara

These mascaras fall in different categories (i.e. volume, length, waterproof, curves/bends, thickens...). I did not put on any eye make-up since the focus is mainly on the mascaras. I added two coats on my lashes, I did not use an eyelash curler. So anyways, I'll just give my honest reviews and opinions on these products.


Etude House Henna Fix Proof 10 Mascara
Volume: Yes. This mascara is made for volume.
Length: Yes. It did lengthen my lashes but not very dramatic.
Curves: Yes. It did curve my lashes. Using an eyelash curler might even curl it more.
Waterproof: Yes, it was hard to remove even. I had to use vaseline and make-up remover.
Smudge/Smears: Yes. There are some fall outs after drying. And then some of the mascara ended up on my lower eye area. Had to wipe it off with wet tissue.
Clumping: Yes. It clumps my lashes together and some clumps form on the lashes.
Verdict: 

Avon Simply Pretty Mascara
Volume: No.
Length: Slightly. Not very dramatic.
Curves: Slightly. It curved my lashes some.
Waterproof: No. Can be easily removed with make-up remover
Smudge/Smears: Yes. There are some fall outs after drying. And then some of the mascara ended up on my lower eye area. Had to wipe it off with wet tissue.
Clumping: Yes. Since the formula tends to dry fast, clumping happens when you try to pile it up on your lashes.
Verdict: 

Avon Super Extend Mascara
Volume: No.
Length: Yes. Dramatically lengthens lashes.
Curves: Yes. It did curve my lashes. Using an eyelash curler might even curl it more.
Waterproof: No. Can be easily removed with make-up remover
Smudge/Smears: Yes. There are some fall outs after drying. And then some of the mascara ended up on my lower eye area. Had to wipe it off with wet tissue.
Clumping: No. That's what I love about this mascara. It coats each lash evenly and separates them.
Verdict:  (For a more detailed review, click HERE.)

San-San Long Lash Mascara
Volume: No.
Length: Yes. But not very dramatic.
Curves: Yes. It did curve my lashes. Using an eyelash curler might even curl it more.
Waterproof: Yes. But can be easily removed with make-up remover
Smudge/Smears: Yes. There are some fall outs after drying. And then some of the mascara ended up on my lower eye area. Had to wipe it off with wet tissue.
Clumping: Yes. Since the formula tends to dry fast, clumping happens when you try to pile it up on your lashes.
Verdict: 

So that's my review for these mascaras. I love the Etude House Henna Fix Proof 10 Mascara but it's kinda pricey for me so I use it only on special occasions, whenever I want to reach for a mascara I always use the Avon Super Extend Mascara. 


What's your favorite mascara?



xoxo,
Reka :3

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Cute Strawberry